Friday, April 10, 2009

I was talking with my husband the other day and he was saying Easter is a pagan word. My daughter said her pastor says Resurrection Day. That is better. Today is Good Friday and it is a good day for those of us who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I have many god memories of past Easters. Childhood memories and young adult memories and Easters with our children and now with our grandchildren. We are blessed this year to all be together. I have been busy cooking and Ed has been busy cutting grass. We ain't the people we use to be. It takes me a lot longer to get things done and many things I can't do. But I am glad to be alive and blessed with such a precious family.

I can still see my brother and his family, my cousin and her family, and my grandparents coming up the drive way at my mom and dad's to have Easter dinner. It was fun. I remember my grandmother usually had on her fur cape. She would roll over in her grave if she knew it was now in my granddaughters dress up box. They have fun with it.

I wish for everyone who reads this a blessed Ressurrection Day.

1 comment:

Abigail and Lydia said...

I really enjoyed spending Easter with you and pa! It was really fun, and you put alot of hard work into that cooking! : P Easter is a great day!
Love you lots,
Lydia


P.S Our dress up box wouldn't be complete without that fur cap, I am sure she would appreciate what we have done with it! : )