Monday, December 29, 2008

The last of our children and grandchildren just left and our house is quiet as a tomb. We have such a good time even though it gets crazy at times. after all, we have a 15 year old, a 14 year old, a 13 year old, a 11 year old, 2 nine year olds, an 8 year old, a 6 year old, 2 five year olds, and 2 two year olds. Amid all the chaos and confusion, my prayer is that we are making memories they will have for a life time. My daughters and sons in law are all very helpful and that makes it easier. They all pitch in in the kitchen which is where most of the action is. Everyone got along good and we only had one fight between the two year olds. Last night we had an exciting game of Farm nopoly and the youngest player ( 8 year old Gabriel won with Grandma coming in second.) Now Papa and Grandma are alone and having some cleaning and putting away to do. We are looking forward to the next visit of each family.

6 comments:

Abigail and Lydia said...

AH, Grandma!
I would have stayed if I could have!!! there is no other place that has the same feeling as your house! I love it, and the people who live in it! Did you get my note? Hope so!
I love you!!!!
Love,
Lydia

P.s You are doing a good job on your blog!

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Hey Gran! I like your new blog.
I really enjoyed our visit. You have an amazing way of making everyone feel at home.The days spent with you and pa will always be remembered. I love you.

~M.E.~

Abigail and Lydia said...

Grandma every time we come to visit memories are created. I just love your house so much! It's my favorite place to be. We had such a good visit! Thank-you so very much for how much you and Pa do for us! I love you! Farm opoly was so much fun! Even if I didn't win!:)
Happy New Year!
Love,
Abigail

Abigail and Lydia said...

I was reading your previous post and I thought it was so sweet. I am so blessed to have you as a Grandmother! You are one of my dearest friends.:) I hope you post often! I would love for you to do some posts about your opinion of dress, music, movies and things like that.
Love,
Abigail

P.S. It says that I'm posting as Lydia because we use the same account but its me too!:)

Monica said...

Hi Grandma
I had a great time at your house. I am looking forward to our next visit.

Carrington

Abigail and Lydia said...

Hi Grandma! I wanted to tell you that I started a new blog. Its called Dance Every Moment. I would love comments!:)
www.danceeverymoment.blogspot.com
Abgail