Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lily Katherine has arrived

Well, baby 13 decided not to be a 4th of July baby but we will still celebrate her birth every year during that time, I am sure. Her name is Lily Katherine but will be called Lily Kate. She weighed 9 pounds and is 20 inches long so she is a chunk. Mama Kellie had a pretty long labor but it took only 2 pushes to get her into the world. Marcy, Kellie's sister who is due in September, is praying her delivery will be that easy. With Kellie was, Scott the coach, Marcy, and the two big sisters, along with the midwife. Thirteen grandchildren and this birth was just as exciting and she is just as precious as all the others. Each child is unique, wonderful, and created in the image of God. How amazing and what a miracle. We thank God for a safe delivery and a precious, healthy baby. I have been sick so I haven't even gotten to see her yet but thank goodness for e-mail and pictures.

1 comment:

Abigail and Lydia said...

Hi Gran-
If you want to post a picture you can right click on one of the ones on my blog, then click 'save picture as'... and then title it in a file... That was a sweet post! Can't wait till you come down to see her! I was taking care of her for alittle while today, while mama was getting ready, and I got lots of pictures, and a good video! I will try to post more soon!
Love you,
Lydia