Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Thanksgiving

I am looking forward to the holidays this year. I have done most of my Christmas shopping on line. Of course, Ed says I shop till the stores close on Christmas Eve. It is rough with 14 grandkids and trying to get ideas for all of them. I have already bought - fooled you, grandkids- I know you are the only ones who read my posts.


Marcy and her family will be here for Thanksgiving along with my cousin Bette, her husband Haskell, and may be her daughter, Connie. We use to spend Thanksgiving together when Bette lived with us. I am so looking forward to it. Of course, I can't do all the things I want to do to get ready but my kids keep saying don't worry so I am not. Monica is going to Albany to be with Warren's family and Scott's Mom and Dad are going to Kentucky. A lot different than last year when every one was here.


I have much to be thankful for and I have to remind myself when I am sitting in the chair at dialysis feeling like I am going to lose it if I can;t get up. Three and a half hours drad by.


I pray for each of you to have a blessed Thanksgiving. Oh, I found out today that my new little great nephew who will be born in April will be named after my brother and his granddaddy, John. I wish he was here to see his two kids all grown up and married and could enjoy his precious grandchildren. He will be celebrating Thanksgiving in heaven. I miss him so much.

2 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Hope your Thanksgiving will be very pleasant.

Maddie Grace said...

Hi Gran! I read your post like I mentioned! Thanksgiving will be wonderful I think!

I encourage you to do more posts frequently. Your posts are fun to read! Tell Carrington that she did a good job helping you with your blog. In the picture on the right I am glancing in another direction! I will see you Thursday!
Love your Grandaughter,
Maddy